National Honor Society
- Earn and maintain a grade average of 90 or above over the previous three semesters. (All grades except P.E./Athletics will be included in the grade average.);
- No 5’s in conduct over the previous three semesters;
- No 4’s in conduct during the previous or current semester;
- Must have been in attendance at NCS for one (1) full semester;
- Teacher recommendation;
- Return application by deadline;
- Participate in two school, church, or community service activities;
- Display positive leadership characteristics and attitudes;
- No Class ‘A’ or ‘B’ discipline violations;
- No F’s in the previous three semesters;
- No D’s in the previous two semesters;
- Academic Committee approval;
- Attend induction ceremony.
National Junior Honor Society
The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) elevates a school’s commitment to the values of scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship. These five pillars have been associated with membership in the organization since its inception in 1929. NJHS is a student organization that consists of chapters in middle schools. Students in grades 6–9 who meet the requirements for membership are eligible to be invited for membership. Students must be in their second semester of sixth grade for consideration.