Texas Christian Schools Interscholastic Tournament (TCSIT)
- Grades: Grade 6-12
- Competitors: Approximately 13 other private schools in this state-wide competition
- Date: Early-to-mid April
- Location: Abilene Christian University
- Selection Process: Based on grades, teachers nominate the top nine students in academic areas. After taking a practice quiz, the top three scoring students are invited to participate.
- Competition Format: There are five events in each grade with a variety of topics including mathematics, science, grammar, history, and Bible.
- Competition Support: Students are coached by NCS teachers.
- Years Competing: Northland has competed TCSIT for 27 years.
- Fee: There is a fee of approximately $225 for each student that covers transportation, housing and entry fees.
National Junior Honor Society
The National Junior Honor Society (NJHS) elevates a school’s commitment to the values of scholarship, service, leadership, character, and citizenship. These five pillars have been associated with membership in the organization since its inception in 1929. NJHS is a student organization that consists of chapters in middle schools. Students in grades 6–9 who meet the requirements for membership are eligible to be invited for membership. Students must be in their second semester of sixth grade for consideration.