Northland Christian School is accredited by AdvancED, which is a voluntary method of quality assurance. The AdvancED process is a nationally recognized program that helps alter student performance by implementing a continuous process in education. Schools seeking to gain AdvancED accreditation must meet strict standards within the classroom to provide a methodology to advance student performance and organizational effectiveness.
The accreditation process, typically requiring two years, begins with a visitation team to conduct an issue assessment. This visitation team is called an AdvancED External Review Team.
The AdvancED External Review Team visited our school the week of April 12, 2016. This team reviewed artifacts and interviewed internal stakeholders. Since then, the school has now met a set of AdvancED standards that offer educational providers a framework for school improvement.
During the external review visit, the team met with the school board, administrative team, parents and community stakeholders. The AdvancED team observed classrooms throughout the school including all grade levels; the team then conducted onsite discussions with students and staff.
The External Review Team recommended that Northland Christian School receive AdvancED accreditation. As part of the continuous improvement process at the school, the results are available for review by internal and external stakeholders.
There are five standards that are required for evaluation.
- Standard 1: Purpose and Direction
- Standard 2: Governance and Leadership (with Stakeholder Feedback Diagnostic)
- Standard 3: Teaching and Assessing for Learning
- Standard 4: Resources and Support Systems
- Standard 5: Using Results for Continuous Improvement (with Student Performance Diagnostic)
TEACHING AND LEARNING IMPACT
Standard 3: Teaching and Assessing for Learning
- AdvancED Network Average: 32.21
- Northland Christian School Overall Rating: 33.0
Standard 5: Using Results for Continuous Improvement (with Student Performance Diagnostic)
- AdvancED Network Average: 12.26
- Northland Christian School Overall Rating: 15.25
Student Performance Diagnostic
- AdvancED Network Average: 12.13
- Northland Christian School Overall Rating: 15.0
Effective Learning Environment Observation
The External Review Team observed 12 classrooms. All overall ratings are based on a 4-point scale.
- Equitable Learning: 3.02
- High Expectations: 3.12
- Supportive Learning: 3.42
- Active Learning: 3.17
- Progress Monitoring and Feedback: 3.33
- Well-Managed Learning: 3.32
- Digital Learning: 3.0
Northland Christian utilizes a transparent multifaceted approach to communicating student success and organizational performance.
Opportunity for Improvement
Create a formal structure whereby each student is assigned an adult mentor who fosters the student’s educational success.
Standard 1: Purpose and Direction
- AdvancED Network Average: 8.25
- Northland Christian School Overall Rating: 10.0
Standard 2: Governance and Leadership
- AdvancED Network Average: 17.64
- Northland Christian School Overall Rating: 20.25
Stakeholder Feedback Diagnostic
- AdvancED Network Average: 6.39
- Northland Christian School Overall Rating: 6.0
Leadership and staff foster a culture consistent with the school’s purpose and directions and effectively communicates with all stakeholders.
Northland Christian School Board operates under Policy Governance effectively supporting and equipping school leadership to effectively manage the school.
Opportunity for Improvement
Develop a continuous improvement plan utilizing SMART goals to frame the instructional program to provide data to make decisions about curriculum materials and instructional strategies.
Standard 4: Resources and Support Systems
- AdvancED Network Average: 19.88
- Northland Christian School Overall Rating: 23.25
Northland Christian employs highly qualified administration, faculty, and staff and provides the resources to effectively support the direction of the school.
Northland Christian has successfully implemented the technology to support the learning environment in all classrooms.