Athletic Summer Camps
Cougar athletes, we are looking forward to seeing you at our Athletic Summer Camps beginning on June 15. Cougar parents, we look forward to having your kids back on campus.
Things are going to look a little different this year as we make sure that we follow extra health and safety protocols during the COVID-19 pandemic, but we are prepared to safely bring you back on campus. Watch this video so you know what to expect!
This summer, we are offering Strength & Conditioning for MS and HS athletes, MS Boys Basketball, MS Girls Volleyball, Foundational Futsal for ages 5-12, and Girls Softball for all ages (from 3rd-12th grade).
STRENGTH & CONDITIONING
Take Your Athletic Performance to the Next Level
- Coaches: Eric Allen, Jacob Bragg, David Suggs
- Location: Practice Fields, Track, and Weight room
- MS Athletes and HS Girls 8:00 a.m. to 9:30 a.m.
- High School Boys 10:00 a.m. to 11:30 a.m.
- Cost: $80/Week
Ages: Boys & Girls entering 7th - 12th grades
Dates: June 15-18, June 22-25, July 13-16, & July 20-23
Strength and Conditioning is the foundation for championship athletic programs! Coach Allen, Coach Bragg, and Coach Suggs are passionate about helping NCS athletes take their physical performance to the next level. Training will be geared toward athletes gaining strength, explosiveness, balance, and quickness. The coaching staff will also deliver instruction about the need for post workout nutrition, rest, and healthier habits that support training. All Northland athletes should plan on attending.
MIDDLE SCHOOL BOY'S BASKETBALL CAMP
Intensive Skills Training
- Coaches: James Van Hook, Yanick Murry, and Cameron Robinson
- Location: NCS Gymnasium
- Time: 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m.
- Cost: $80/Week
- Ages: Boys entering 5th through 8th grades
- Dates: June 15-18, July 13-16
Coach Van Hook, Coach Murry, and Coach Robinson have had great success in building the knowledge and skills of the game of basketball in the Northland Community. Excitement for middle school and high school basketball is at an all-time high, and the coaching staff is anxious and excited to raise up the next generation of Cougar Hoopers! The camp will focus on intensive shooting, passing, and dribbling skills, with plenty of opportunities to play and compete!
Beat the Heat Indoors and Receive Intense Skill Instruction
- Coach: Sammy Buazza
- Location: NCS Gymnasium
- Time: Noon to 1:30 p.m.
- Date: July 27-30
- Cost: $110/week
- Ages: Boys and Girls 5 years old through 12 years old
Coach Buazza has made Northland Men’s Soccer a competitor for District and State Championships during his two years as head coach, and he is dedicated to building up the next generation of great players. Futsal is a fast moving and exciting indoor soccer game that rapidly increases athletic conditioning and skills with the ball. Please join Coach Buazza for an intense week of skill training.
MIDDLE SCHOOL VOLLEYBALL
Take Your Bump, Set, Spike to New Heights!
- Coach: Carolyn Lemm
- Location: Northland Gymnasium
- Time: 10:30 a.m. to 12:00 p.m.
- Dates: Mini-Camp, June 22-24 / Full Camp, July 20-23
- Cost: $100 for the full camp, $80 for the mini-camp
- Ages: Girls entering grades five through eight
Carolyn Lemm continues to coach teams that compete for Middle School District Championships, and put her athletes on a path to compete for Championships at the High School Level. She accomplishes this by being one of the best in the area at teaching fundamentals, and allowing her athletes to play and have fun.
SOFTBALL CAMPS (grades 3-6 & grades 7-12)
Throw Harder, Hit Farther!
- Coach: DaQueta Johnson
- Location: NCS Softball Field
- Date: June 15-19
- Session 1: 9:00 a.m. to 10:30 a.m. for girls entering grades 3-6
- Session 2: 1:00 p.m. to 2:30 p.m. for girls entering grades 7-12
- Cost: $125
Coach Johnson excels at coaching softball players at any level of skill. She can take an elite player to the next level, and can teach foundational skills to beginners to help them earn spots on the field. This camp will be geared toward perfecting the swing of each athlete, and work toward perfecting their throwing motion and fielding skills.
Athletic Summer Safety Protocols
The safety of each student and family is our highest priority. As we have learned more about COVID-19 with each passing day, we have continued to update our plan for a safe and effective return to campus.
Northland Christian will offer Sports Camps and sport specific instruction, beginning on Monday, June 15th, with the following protocols in place in a united effort to keep all participants and their families at home safe:
Personal Attire and Hygiene
- Each participant, including coaches, will not be admitted without a mask. We will have disposable masks for purchase for $1. It will be the discretion of the coach as to whether or not they continue to cover their face during strenuous exercise.
- Students will not be permitted access to locker rooms or shower facilities on campus. Students will arrive in appropriate attire and immediately return home to shower at the end of the workout.
- No clothing or towels can be shared or laundered on site. Participants will bring their own towel.
- Students are not to share water or snacks. Each participant will bring his/her own water bottle with enough water to properly hydrate their workout.
Size of Groups and Social Distancing
- Gym sports will have participant groups limited to 25% of the facility’s capacity, and only 10 participants will be allowed in the weight room at any one time.
- No group of participants will exceed 10 members.
- Individual participants will maintain a minimum distance of six feet apart whenever possible, and groups will remain 10 feet apart as often as possible.
- No competitive drills involving offense/defense are allowed
Safe Drop-Off and Pick Up
- Parents and guests will not be allowed to visit workouts.
- Drivers are to stay in their vehicle during drop-off and pick-up
- All summer sports participants will enter through the secondary carpool gate. Drop-off and pick-up will be at the covered pavilion by the sand volleyball court and softball field. If the group waiting for rides grows large, it will be safely dispersed to the black picnic tables South of building 8
- Students that drive should park in the lot between buildings 3 and 5
- All participants using the weight room or practice field must use the sidewalk between buildings 4 and 5.
- All gym and softball field participants will take the sidewalk by the sand volleyball court to get to gymnasium doors or the gate to the softball field.
Sanitization and Screening
- Each workout will have a coach responsible for seeing that sanitization, social distance, and symptom screening has occurred.
- Hand sanitizer will be made readily available and use will be encouraged. Any time of transition or water breaks will also have an opportunity to wash hands with soap and water in small groups.
- Equipment will be sanitized regularly, and will not be shared between groups.
- Coaches and participants will be screened a minimum of once a week for symptoms of COVID-19 which include:
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle aches
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- Feeling feverish or having a temperature above 100 degrees Fahrenheit
- Close contact with a person who has tested positive for COVID-19
We are excited to have students returning to campus in any capacity, and we will remain vigilant for the duration of our Summer offerings regarding the safety of each participant. We acknowledge that each family will have different levels of comfort with a return to activity on campus. We are here for you if you have any questions or concerns about allowing your student to participate.
Thanks, and GO COUGS!