You are here
The Northland Christian School Foundation has established a special endowment fund called the “Forever Fund” for the long-term sustainability and growth of the school.
Gifts made to an endowment are invested in perpetuity to generate earnings to support the purposes of the endowment. The gift(s) form the principal of the endowment. The principal is never spent; the scholarships are provided from the earnings from the principal.
The goal of the Foundation for endowment giving is ambitious and established with Matthew 19:26 as a biblical reference: But Jesus beheld them, and said unto them, “with men this is impossible’ but with God all things are possible.”
In the spring of 2014, the Northland Foundation set a focused goal of 20 million by 2020 for an Endowment Fund to supplement school revenue. Northland’s leadership is seeking key individuals, businesses, or families to establish the NCS Endowment as “Forever Founders.” Northland “Forever Founders” make charitable donations to the school with the understanding the principal gift will provide a continuous investment base from which endowed fund earnings provide sustained support for general or specific areas into perpetuity.
Others will match their initial donation of $100,000 so that the goal becomes a reality. Support will come from those who want to see Northland’s mission fulfilled. Knowing Northland students make a positive impact in the world with a bedrock of Christ’s teachings is a strong motivator to secure permanent funding enabled by endowment giving.
Northland Endowments can be made for many purposes, the priority purposes are for:
Building the Northland Endowment “Forever Fund”
- Northland Christian School is a unique and significant beacon for young people and their families in our community. Our Christian school has been shaping and guiding students to have impact on the world for Christ for 40 years.
- Northland relies solely on tuition and various annual campaigns to fund our educational and extra-curricular programs. Annual funding can vary substantially and relies on our heavily on our school families, alumni, and faculty.
- Mature, long-term, non-profits typically rely on supplements to annual revenues of income from permanent endowment funds.
- To “Forever” Northland’s future, we believe it imperative to establish a permanent endowment, an initiative we’ve named “Northland Forever.”
- Once our $5 million “threshold endowment” is established, the intent of the Foundation is to primarily be an endowment fund generating annual earning for the school.
- To establish our endowment, we are asking the Lord to provide ten families who can commit $100,000 (over up to a 5 year funding period) to help us meet our immediate goal of $1 million by the end of 2014.
- These charter families will be known our “Forever Founders.” Forever Founders gifts will remain in perpetuity. Early in the summer of 2014, $300,000 has been committed. With another 7 visionary family commitments, we believe others will match the original amount. And so on as it begins to grow with God’s blessing.
- Our 2015 Goal is an additional $1 million in commitments from Northland families and alumni, who will create a $2 million endowment that will assist with further viability and credibility to approach outside foundations and endowments for contributions.
- Given the philanthropic nature of Houston, the 4th largest city in the US and the number 1 city in philanthropic giving on a per capita basis, we believe we can achieve an additional $18 million in outside contributions by 2020.
- A combined $20 million endowment would contribute approximately $1 million in investment income that would help to secure the school’s future.
- The Forever Fund Endowment is a permanent fund that will remain intact, with only the annual investment income being used to support the school’s strategic mandates, including, but not limited to tuition assistance and faculty upgrades.
- Please contact anyone on the Foundation Board or the Head of School to participate.