You are here
The purpose of Student Council is to raise awareness for community and global causes, and further to provide opportunities for students to help serve in various capacities for our causes. We actively seek to demonstrate the love of Christ and endeavor to demonstrate His unconditional love for others through our acts of service, so our school is known for its love, compassion and generosity.
Membership for Student Council is open for all students in grades 9-12. Students need to sign up for a committee and participate in at least 4 events to "letter" in STUCO. Students are required to purchase a STUCO t-shirt which must be worn any time they serve.
The first meeting of the school year is Wednesday, the 24th during lunch in Mrs. McCathran's classroom. Students may sign up at the meeting (preferred), sign-up in her room, or send an email to her before August 31st (firstname.lastname@example.org).
- Recycling program (new this year)
- Assisting with Elementary events: Muffins with Moms, Donuts with Dads, Grandparents' Day, Little Boots Day, Field Day
- Blood Drives for Gulf Coast Regional Blood Center
- Operation Christmas Child
- Spiritual Renewal Day
- Teacher Appreciation Week
- Other service opportunities