You are here
Communicating with parents and students has evolved throughout the years. Most parents and students now have communication capabilities at their fingertips. From weekly E-blasts, website news and events, to emergency alerts, Northland keeps parents in the loop via electronic methods.
Northland's website is your first destination when looking for information. The communications team is intentional on keeping information and news current, so looking here is the fastest way to stay in the know.
- Parents Tab
A wealth of information can be found under the Parents tab on the website. Check out the FAQs for commonly asked questions.
- In the News
With the addition of a News feed on the front page of the website, you'll always get the latest information by visiting the website often. There is a News Input Form available for parents to upload information about your student for sharing with the NCS community.
- Upcoming Events
The Upcoming Events section on the front page of the website will help you keep current with upcoming special programs and to help you plan your calendar.
Can't find what you are looking for or have a suggestion? Please contact Debra Purcell.
RenWeb / ParentsWeb
- Go to your web browser (Internet Explorer or Mozilla Firefox) and type in the address of our school website at www.northlandchristian.org
- Click ParentsWeb(NCS-TX) found under the dropdown list at the top, right corner of the NCS website.
- Click the Parent, Student or Staff button.
- Type the District Code: NCS-TX.
- Click Create New ParentsWeb Account.
- Type the email address that the school has on file in RenWeb for the Parent, Student or Staff.
- Click Create Account. An email is sent to the email address on file in RenWeb for the Parent, Student or Staff.
- Access the email account and click the link to create your user name and password.
- Type a User Name and Password.
- Click Save User Name and/or Password.
If you have any questions, please contact Natalie Arezina.
Northland's uses two forms of email communication to keep parents, students and the NCS community informed.
Northland's RenWeb system is used to send emails to our current parents and students. This tool is used primarily for brief updates that need to be sent within a short time frame.
E-Blasts via Constant Contact
Communication via Constant Contact provides us the ability to send news and information in a newsletter-like format including photos and images.
Some internet providers and companies block electronic newsletters, so check your spam folder if you are not receiving these communications.
For your convenience, we have an archived list of all E-blasts sent through Constant Contact. There is a link entitled "Eblast Archives" located on the QUICK LINKS drop down menu on the homepage.
This is a permission based system with Subscribe and Unsubscribe features and a direct link to Social Media. If you should accidentially unsubscribe, you will need to rejoin by clicking the box below.
|---------- Join our mailing list ----------|
With technology, communicating with a teacher has never been easier. Each teacher has an email address they can check throughout the day. Their email addresses can be found under each school's staff listing. This is the perfect way to ask questions or for clarification without a disruption in anyone's day.
Preschool and elementary students receive their "week-at-a-glance" through emails sent from the teacher.
Middle School and High School teachers communicate via email with both students and parents.
Sometimes a face-to-face meeting is necessary. Please contact the teacher via email to schedule a meeting. This will give both the parent and the teacher time to prepare.
The decision to open, delay or close Northland in bad weather has a significant effect on Northland families. Northland administration also understands that students are better served – both academically and socially – by being in school. However, Northland's top priority remains the safety of our students. Students and parents will receive an alert via cell phone and email.
Once a year, Northland will send out an all alert as a test. If you do not receive this alert, please contact the school to ensure that the correct information is on file.
How is the decision to close made?
Please understand that making the decision to open, delay or close school in bad weather is based on a careful analysis of all relevant factors, including the following:
- Information on road conditions from weather reports and police. Even if your street looks clear, travel elsewhere may be dangerous. Remember that many families travel long distances to both campuses.
- Whether precipitation is continuing.
- Weather predictions. We prefer not making our decision based primarily on weather predictions, which are not always accurate. But sometimes this is unavoidable.
- What other schools are doing. Northland will also look at what Klein, Sping and Cypress school districts have decided regarding holding school.
Who makes the decision?
The Head of School is responsible for the final decision, based on the above factors together with the input and recommendations from each of the principals.
How are parents alerted?
Parents and students will be sent an automated alert to both cell phones and email addresses once a decision has been made.