You are here
The Class of 2017
Class of 2017 Year-End Activities
Friday, April 14: Good Friday holiday
- Thursday 7:00 p.m.
- Friday 7:00 p.m.
- Saturday 7:00 p.m.
- A special tribute to seniors
- Senior awards from classroom teachers
- All HS students will attend.
- MS students will be in regular classes until 10:50 when they will be dismissed to enable all teachers to attend the Senior Luncheon following Senior Recognition.
Friday, May 12: 12:00 p.m. - Senior Luncheon - NCS Secondary lunch area
- Invitation is extended to seniors, parents & teachers.
Siblings may attend but the focus is on seniors and their heartfelt remarks to parents and teachers. It is not a time of entertainment and is not meaningful to small children or casual acquaintances.
Luncheon tickets will be available for purchase by going to the Northland website. *Seniors do not have to pay. Meals only need to be purchased for family in attendance — you will be informed when these are available for purchase.
Seniors will speak about:
- favorite memories
- word of thanks to parents, classmates, and teachers
- words of advice from the seniors to those in attendance
- modest and dressy casual for this event:
- most students and parents alike wear dressy casual.
Girls: No spaghetti straps or short skirts. Modest length and style will be more comfortable and appropriate for these two events, which last approximately three to four hours.
Guys: Slacks and casual shirt (tie is optional), leather shoes (no tennis shoes or sandals)
- Senior trip (Disney World)
- Official itinerary will follow soon
- 2:30 p.m. - Graduates report to Community Room to dress and form the Processional line.
- 3:00 p.m. - Graduation, Bammel Church Worship Center
- Seats in front and center rows will be reserved for families of seniors.
- Reception immediately following (hosted by PTO & Junior Class)
In preparation for graduation, a copy of all acceptance letters, awards and scholarship information (regardless of whether you plan to attend the university) must be given to Mrs. Graves or Mrs. Smith by Friday, May 5th.