You are here
Middle School Anti-Bullying Pledge
Northland Christian School is committed to creating the best environment for personal growth and development. The environment that best produces this is one that would be described as caring, loving, nurturing, safe, and expectant. One of the issues that we take very seriously is our student’s attitude and treatment of each other. Christ is our example of how to do this. Bullying is an attitude and behavior that directly goes against the example and teachings of Christ. Therefore, we believe that it has no place at Northland Christian School. Because of this strong belief we are calling on and expecting each student’s and parent’s support and commitment to this cause. We are requiring each student and his/her parent(s) to sign this pledge to show their commitment.
We the students of Northland Christian Middle School agree to join together to stamp out bullying at our school.
We believe that everybody should enjoy our school equally, and feel safe, secure and accepted regardless of color, race, gender, popularity, athletic ability, intelligence, religion and nationality.
Bullying can be pushing, shoving, hitting, and spitting, as well as name calling, picking on, making fun of, laughing at, and excluding someone. Bullying causes pain and stress to victims and is never justified or excusable as “kids being kids,” “just teasing” or any other rationalization. The victim is never responsible for being a target of bullying.
By signing this pledge, I agree to:
- Value student differences and treat others with respect.
- Not become involved in bullying incidents or be a bully.
- Be aware of the school’s policies and support system with regard to bullying.
- Acknowledge that whether I am being a bully or see someone being bullied, if I don’t report or stop the bullying, I am guilty of supporting bullying.
- Be alert in places around the school where there is less adult supervision such as bathrooms, walking from class to class, locker rooms, and halls.
- Support students who have been or are subjected to bullying.
- Work with other students and faculty, to help the school deal with bullying effectively.
- Provide a good role model for younger students and support them if bullying occurs.