Mr. Rick, Healthy Lunch Box's chef at the Secondary Campus, made a special Texas-sized hamburger for one of our international student's birthday.
The Healthy Lunch Box has been in business serving schools since 1996 and has served Northland Christian School for four years. The Healthy Lunch Box currently provides 3,000 to 4,000 meals per day during the school year across Houston.
Preschool - $4.00
Elementary - $4.50
Secondary - $5.25
One beverage is included with each meal. Beverages offered are bottled water, juice, white milk, or chocolate milk. Extra beverages are available for .75 (or $1.25 if ordering organic milk).
The Healthy Lunch Box has a few nutritional changes and technology enhancements for the school year including:
- Each day, the students may choose from a hot entrée, a vegetarian entrée, a gluten free entrée, or one of several deli/grill alternate meals.
- The Healthy Lunch Box menu is generally nut free, and if you have specific questions please call and speak with Tobie Briner, Operations Manager.
- Fresh/Frozen vegetables are offered (NO canned vegetables or fruits!); All fresh vegetables are hand washed & cut - NO bagged salads!
- Meat/poultry/seafood hand cut – NO preformed nuggets or strips.
- Hot dogs, when offered, will be all beef/no filler. Pasta/Breads/Rice are generally 50% brown/wheat (unless wheat product is out of stock or unavailable). Sweets are prepared by hand with minimal sugar (and no artificial sweeteners), and wheat flour (no preservatives in our sweets!).
- The Healthy Lunch Box is owned by caring moms who understand the importance of balancing nutrition with a child’s way of eating. At The Healthy Lunch Box, your child’s food is handmade daily from scratch, daily, with love!
- An order is not “placed” until you checkout and pay for the meals. Once an order is placed, parents are able to easily make changes to their menu selections including cancelling or changing lunch selection up until midnight the evening before for no charge.
- Any meal not preordered by midnight the night before costs $1 extra as it requires special handling.
- The Healthy Lunch Box has a very secure website. However, if parents are uncomfortable placing an order online you can call HLB and they will process your order for the month over the telephone at no extra charge.
- A convenience fee of 30 cents per total order added to any order totaling less than $30.00 – other than that no extra charge for ordering from the HLB online! (there will be a credit of .30 to your account when making orders over $30.00)
Northland Christian School: Truth Forever • Victory Forever • Glorifying God Forever